Available microscopy systems include:
- Electron microscopy (both TEM and SEM)
- Confocal laser scanning microscopy
- Spinning disc confocal microscopy
- Multi-photon laser scanning microscopy
- Structured Illumination microscopy (SIM) (“super-resolution” microscopy)
- Fluorescence microscopy
- Total Internal Reflection Fluorescence microscopy (TIRF)
- brighfield microscopy
To use the Microscopy Facility, investigators must be trained by one of the facility staff and must submit a VCU Microscopy Facility Use Authorization form [PDF]. Training sessions are arranged by contacting one of the facility staff.
Signup for Equipment reservations using the VCU Resource Scheduler. Signup Instructions are available if you need assistance using the resource scheduler application.